The Church on Facebook

Sunday, January 15, 2012

{Your Heart Here} Week 2


January 15, 2012

Revelation 3:15-21
“I know your works; you are neither cold nor hot. I wish that you were either cold or hot. So, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I am about to spit you out of my mouth. For you say, ‘I am rich, I have prospered, and I need nothing.’ You do not realize that you are wretched, pitiable, poor, blind, and naked. Therefore I counsel you to buy from me gold refined by fire so that you may be rich; and white robes to clothe you and to keep the shame of your nakedness from being seen; and salve to anoint your eyes so that you may see…

Your Works?
The Lord says, “I know your works”.  What we believe is important, so is what we do.  Halfhearted faith does not please the Lord.  “I am about to spit you out of my mouth”, says the Lord.  This does not sound pleasant.  In our quest to believe the right things and say the right things we can forget to do the right things.  The picture here is of a foolish people.  They believe they have everything right and have their act together while being completely unaware of how far off target they are.  Being intentionally unaware of reality is always a mark of foolishness.  How aware are we about the reality of our walk with God.  Are we pretending to be greater than we are?

The call of the Lord is to take action.  He does not condemn.  Instead, He offers ways for His people to change.  He says “buy from me”.  He uses the language of the market.  Take action.  Do this.  Find prosperity in what I have for you, says the Lord.  Wealth, clothing, and the ability to see reality are all found in the Lord.  The Lord desires His people to be “hot”.  How willing are we to invest in what the Lord has to offer?  He is at our door…will we answer?

No comments:

Post a Comment