The Church on Facebook

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Focus 40 Day 6

A Person of Exceptional Worth


“See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland. The wild animals honor me, the jackals and the owls, because I provide water in the  wilderness and streams in the wasteland, to give drink to my people, my chosen, the people I formed for myself that they may proclaim my praise.” —Isaiah 43:19–21

AS JESUS DIED, the sun grew dark, the earth quaked, the wind blew, and the veil in the temple was torn  apart. This veil separated the Holy Place from the Holy of Holies, so it separated everyone except the  high priest from personal contact with God. The tearing of the veil signified that now every man, woman, boy, and girl has personal access to God.  

Jonathan, one of my online students said, “Real dignity comes from the reality that God sacrificed Jesus his Son for you. At times, we forget that we are worth dying for.”

Knowing this  motivates us to fulfill Jonathan’s next words: “As a redeemed believer, I want to follow Christ and carry out his purpose and mission for my future!” This enables us to become transformational servant-leaders who allow God to fulfill  his purpose and mission for our future.He’s right, yet this fact often goes right over our heads. 

God says each of us is a person of  exceptional  worth and  extravagant value to him.  He describes us as “my chosen, the people I formed for myself that you may proclaim my praise” (Isa 43:21 NIV).  God has placed within you the ability to fulfill your highest potential: to dream great dreams and see them become realities. In order to reach this awesome goal, pray this life-purpose power prayer:

Empower me, Lord, by your Son, to become all you created me to be. Energize me, Lord, by your Spirit, to accomplish all you call me to do. Then work through me to transform the lives of those I love and lead. Amen.

Dr. Sam Bruce, Sam & Sandie Bruce Ministries, Florence, Mississippi

No comments:

Post a Comment