The Church on Facebook

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Focus 40 Devotional Day 32

Love at First Sight


Come with me from Lebanon, my bride, come with me from Lebanon. Descend from the crest of Amana, from the top of Senir, the summit of Hermon, from the lions' dens and the mountain haunts of the leopards.  You have stolen my heart, my sister, my bride; you have stolen my heart with one glance of your eyes, with one jewel of your necklace.
—Song of Solomon 4:8–9

Everyone enjoys a good love story. A man sees a beautiful woman across a crowded room. Their eyes meet, and there is an immediate attraction. A whirlwind romance follows, ending in a wedding three months later. Observers say it was love at first sight.

While events like that make for a good romantic novel, things seldom work that way in everyday life. Love at first sight can quickly turn to “get out of my sight!”

There is a biblical example of love at first sight. The bible declares that God knew us and loved us from the very beginning. That love pursues us throughout our lives. Nothing can separate us from that love. In a world where we often feel alone and forsaken, how comforting to know that God loved us the first time he saw us and has loved us unconditionally ever since.

Isn't it good to know that God’s love never ends?

Lord, you have swept me away with your love. You have consumed me with a passion to serve and honor you. I pledge myself to you, now and forever.

David K. Lynch is a retired pastor who lives and writes in Miamisburg, Ohio.

No comments:

Post a Comment